Visitor center and culture house Huys Egmont

Huys Egmont | Slotweg 46-48 | 1934CN Egmond aan den Hoef | FACEBOOK OPEN EVERY TUESDAY TILL SUNDAY (10.00 - 16.00in) Huys Egmont is a culture house and visitor center opposite the remains of the ancestral castle of the lords of Egmond. In 2020 the former school and old town hall of the municipality of Egmond-Binnen have been completely renovated and suitable [...]

The Protestant Church of the Egmonden

Introducing The Protestant Municipality in Egmond is gone 11 december 2006 formally became a fact, after the reformed congregation and the reformed church had already 1997 in SOW-Our municipality is a municipality, a church that offers time and space for celebration and reflection, for respectful, loving relationship with God and with each other, with the [...]

Lighthouse J.C.J of Speijk Egmond

Recording of 26 March 2016. Around the Lighthouse of Egmond aan Zee. Lighthouses appeal to the imagination and the world are places with a lighthouse a bit special. From Egmonders, and many of them, intense love of 'their' tower that determines the appearance of the village. In many homes the Egmondermeer, here or [...]

The Foundations of the “Lock on the Hoof”

The Castle Quarter is the old center of Heiloo. This is a stunning historic area, Surrounded by the Castle Park, where you can take a little walk. It is good to be on the lawn between the bricked up foundations of the Lock on the Hoof

Shells Cabinet Egmond aan de Hoef

A beautiful collection of shells in the famous 'yellow room' Homestead About Slot, ever painted by Florence Kate Upton and see in the Louvre in Paris.

Bunker Museum Jansje Schong

In short Everyone knows them, the dozens of remains of parts of the former Atlantic Wall (line of defense) in the dunes and along the coast. Sometimes it concerns large complex underground buildings (bunkers) that exist freely in or just below the landscape and sometimes they are buildings that dominate the immediate surroundings. In other cases [...]

Welcome to Heiloo, a beautiful village with history.

'De Hoef’ is surrounded by dunes and expansive landscape with windmills. It has an old town with beautiful facades. Picturesque: also found that the many artists who tarried here. Here you can walk on the foundations of the legendary 'Lock on the Hoof, along the moat and slotkapel . A film about the Middle Ages can be so start here. In het weekend is gallery Kapberg Afternoon visit and on Sunday afternoons are the stable doors of the old About Farm Slot sounds and music.

Many hiking- and cycling come over and it's only a short walk to Egmond aan Zee. Parking is free in Heiloo.

Bollenvelden van Egmond aan den HoefCycling and walking

The number of bicycle options- and hiking in the area is only increasing. There are trails available at bookstore Dekker Dekker at the Pump Square in Galway, Visitor Centers in the dunes of the PWN and the abbey and some are still free. There are even opportunities to go with a covered wagon through the area. On this site you will find a walk by Egmond The Sea. If you want to combine with a visit to the castle you have to start on time.

Stewards.

If the territory of the Abbey in Egmond-Inside greatly expands, the Abbot bears 1129 management on a "advocatus" or steward, a rich farmer called Berwouts. The steward and his descendants dwell on a farm north of the Abbey and get more power. The successive stewards strengthen their farm to a castle and all round in 1170 builds Dodo Egmond first castle. By taking part in the crusades is to reward the stewardship hereditary and the area declared to glory.

Lamoraal Egmond.

By far the most famous historical figure in Egmond is Lamoraal, the fourth Earl of Egmont. He is supreme commander of the King of Spain, Knight of the Golden Fleece, grootgrondbezitter o.a. Flanders and Artois, and member of the Council of State as well as his friend William of Orange. His most famous act of Egmonds is that he has the Egmondermeer impoldering. He stands up for the needs of the oppressed people in the lowlands and then wants the Spanish occupiers lost him. In 1568 he is in command of Alva, along with the Earl of Hoorne, on the Grand Place in Brussels beheaded.

Historical names

Egmond aan den Hoef is a village with a lovely historic core. Many street names recall the illustrious history as the Slotweg and Lamoraalweg. Lamoraal is the name of the famous Count Egmont and that name found equally in the Musical which more than 100 anniversary.

The Count Dirk Square is named after the first count of Holland Dirk I in 922 founded the forerunner of the Abbey of Egmond.

In the green housing developments north of the Final Pedigree, of Arkellaan The Mary called to the wife of Jan with the Call, He is one of the lords of Egmont who acquired much land by this marriage.

Margaret of Weerdenburg was the wife of the very influential John Manke, the first Earl of Egmont, and they also got a street. Sabina of Bavaria Avenue is named for the wife of Lamoraal. When her husband was beheaded, she was left with eight children.

Visit to the Castle Church

From Slotkapel is now only visit at church, cultural and other events such as concerts, the museum weekend, commemoration at 4 May, presentation of the Egmond cultuurprijs, art market, open Monument Day and receptions. The chapel is also a popular wedding venue. In the autumn- and winter season there are regular concerts, often on Sunday afternoons. On Egmond Online you can find more information under events calendar if this is the case.

Gallery Kapberg

Eight exhibitions per year. In the historic core of Egmont, at the Castle Church, state a seventeenth century Kapberg who once served for storing hay. For the construction were used wood wreck of wrecked ships and in kapzaal this can still be seen.

In this Kapberg is a gallery that is over thirty years, run by volunteers with many artistic ambition. His eight times a year they organize a new exhibition of art from various "disciplines’ and the works of art come beautifully into their.

Graphic art is always in stock. The exhibited works are sold, but there is no profit.

Kanunnikenhuisjes. Connected to the Kapberg are three cottages Slotweg 13, 15 in 17 17th Century, possible from 1629. Striking at the small buildings are the three brick dormers. The houses are inhabited and not to visit. The whole is a national monument.

Visiting hours

The kapberg is every Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday open from 13.30 – 17.00 and by appointment. Also on special days such as the art and animation Hoever. The visit to the Kapberg free. Well there is a van for voluntary contributions and the Kapberg has a growing number of donors, who have certain privileges. Vrijwilligers beheren de kapberg.

Telephone during business hours: 072 506 2645.