In the historic heart of Egmond, close to the Castle Chapel and the Castle foundations, stands a seventeenth-century chapel that once served to store hay. Wreckage from stranded ships was used for construction and can still be seen in the cap room.

In this chapel you will find a gallery run by volunteers with great artistic ambition. Eight times a year they host a new exhibition and the artworks are beautifully displayed here. Graphic art is always in stock. The works on display are sold on a non-profit basis.

Address and Opening Hours.

Gallery de Kapberg

Slotweg 17 Egmond aan den Hoef

Phone during opening hours: 06-19087751

Admission is free

Fri, Sat and Sun 1 p.m.-5 p.m. and by telephone appointment.

Each year 7-8 exhibitions of contemporary art in four atmospheric rooms of a historic chapel. The structure incorporates wreckage from ships.

Canon houses.

Connected to the kapberg are three cottages Slotweg 13, 15 and 17 from the 17th century, possibly from 1629. Notable features of the properties are the three brick dormers. The cottages are inhabited and cannot be visited. The whole is a national monument.

See also: