Egmond is a great destination for dog owners in the winter. It is a wonderful place to relax with your dog and enjoy the fresh sea air.
Here are 5 reasons why you should come to
Egmond aan Zee in the winter
- The dog beaches are less crowded in the winter, so your dog can play and run around plenty without being bothered by other dogs.
- There are many beautiful hiking trails along the Egmond coast where you can walk your dog extensively.
- There are several dog-friendly accommodations where you can stay with your dog
- There are several dog-friendly restaurants and cafes where you can enjoy a hot meal or a drink with your dog
- There are several dog walking spots available where your dog can also play under supervision
Come to Egmond aan Zee this winter and make unforgettable memories together with your dog!
Did you know that it is also really good to come for a walk with you dog in Egmond during the colder months!
In summary walking with your dog in the dunes of Egmond is a great way to stay physically active, socialize, strengthen the bond, reduce stress and experience nature.
Walking with your dog in the dunes of Egmond offers numerous benefits for both you and your dog.
Below is a summary of some of the key benefits:
- Physical Activity: Walking with your dog is a great way to keep both you and your dog physically active. This can help reduce obesity and improve overall health.
- Socialization: Walking with your dog in the Egmond dunes can help your dog socialize with other dogs and people. This can help reduce anxiety and aggression.
- Bonding: By spending time with your dog while walking, you can strengthen the bond between you and your dog. This can lead to a more obedient and loyal dog.
- Stress reduction: Walking in nature, such as the dunes of Egmond, can help reduce stress and anxiety. This also applies to dogs; walking can make them calmer.
- Nature experience: Walking in the dunes of Egmond is a great way to experience nature. You and your dog can enjoy the beautiful surroundings, the sea air and the various animals that roam there. Go look at one of the
lookouts in Egmond
If you are walking in the dunes walk past
the bunker museum
Entrances to the Egmond Dunes
Main entrances: Middenweg; The Pale
Access from sunrise to sunset, on roads, trails and playgrounds
- Motorized traffic not allowed
- Dogs allowed, if kept on a short leash
- Cycling on unpaved trails allowed until 10:30 a.m. unless otherwise indicated.